|Job Ref:||204710685||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:36|
The client are one of the largest and most succesful contractors in the UK with both a commercial and a residential arm. They currently have a regional office based in Devon that covers social housing projects throughout both Devon and Cornwall.|
They are currently recruiting for a Planner to be based in Exeter and cover their sites throughout Devon and Cornwall. Candidates must have at least 3 - 5 years experience working as a Planner on housing projects and must be based within an hour drive of Exeter. Due to the level of experience required the client have stated they would be looking at paying between £30k - £40k + package.
* Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
* Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
* Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
* Manage and control programme information
* Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
* Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
* Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
* Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
* Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
* Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
* Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
* Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
* Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
* Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
* Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
* Resource allocation and forecasting
* Labour histograms
* Pre-construction programming - design - planning - commercial deliverables
* Design and procurement schedules
* Prelim workbook establishment and input
* Adjudication presentation skills
* Programme Risk Analysis at adjudication stage
The client operate a 2 stage interview process, the 1st being with the direct line manager and the 2nd being with the overall decision maker. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now or contact me on (Apply online only).
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business