|Job Ref:||204711136||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:36|
* Prepare and conduct cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
* Provide advice on overall procurement and contract strategies and implement them
* Represent the company by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
* Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
* Partake in value engineering workshops
* Collate and prepare all contract documents
* Monitor and report the progress of works on a project against planned progress
* Produce interim financial forecasts and reports and prepare detailed financial statements
* Actively maintain records so contract notices are appropriately issued
* Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
o Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
o Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
o Valuing scheme variations.
o Agreeing scheme final accounts
* Manage relationships with professional project team
* Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
* Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives
* Communicates clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and has the ability to produce high quality reports
* Manages multiple projects at any given time and delivers work steadily and within stated deadlines
* Contributes own views and ideas in a respectful manner and is receptive to those of others
* Identifies opportunities to add value and deepen the client relationship
* Ability to talk knowledgably and confidently about the business capabilities and what differentiates the company from competitors
* Channels own and others' energy toward achieving business and practice group strategy
Experience and qualifications
* Ideally MRICS qualified with some post qualification experience
* Previous experience as an M&E QS/Cost Manager with exposure to both pre and post-construction stages
* Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time
* Strong working knowledge of the mechanical and electrical discipline from a commercial management perspective
* Previous experience in a consultancy environment is preferred
* M&E infrastructure/data centre experience would be a strong advantage
* Previous experience of working with a range of blue-chip organisations would be advantageous