|Job Ref:||204711330||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Tewkesbury||Address:||Post Code:||GL20||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum + Car + Package + Bens||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:38|
This Privately run housing developer is actively looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their Gloucestershire operations.|
To control costs, from procurement to final account for all aspects of cost. Manage administration
of sub-contractors and to produce internal valuation sunder the guidance of a surveyor mentor
reporting to the Commercial Manager.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Regional Finance Director, Sales Department, Construction Department, Commercial Director,
Commercial Manager, Senior Surveyors, Trainee Surveyors, Purchase Ledger and Payroll
1. Assisting in the preparation of the sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
2. Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant
tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
3. Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing subcontract
orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with
specification and best practice.
4. Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs and include within New Site Start Appraisal
5. Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to
6. Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Senior
Surveyor, Commercial Manager and Construction Department, including maintaining the
databases and distributing information
7. Updating/producing SWMP plan and Carriers Matrix, including updating Licence
Numbers and expiry dates and issue to site as necessary
8. Ensuring sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed,
checked and interim payments are prepared for approval in line with Authorisation Levels
and Commercial Procedures, including keeping payment record sheets up to date,
highlighting any claims for additional works outside of the budget estimate summary and
settling all final accounts expediently after works are complete.
9. Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
10. Pricing non-standard client extras as required and liaising with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department to ensure costing is correct.
11. Updating Cost of Sales in Viability Manager for client extras, after re-budgets and
12. Carrying out monthly progress checklists for all sites and inputting on to the valuation
system including MOS.
13. Carrying out monthly valuation including production of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR)
and Cost to Complete Sheet (CTC) including attending Valuation Meeting under the
guidance of a surveyor mentor.
14. Liaising with the Housing Association including producing invoices and H & S pack as
required and attend all necessary site meetings.
15. Liaising with the Design & Technical Department over specification for Code for
Sustainable Homes and producing schedules and back up information as required.
16. Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support
to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors
17. Assisting in the production of the Group Rebate Form.
18. Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
19. Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
20. Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
It is a requirement of the client that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and
in line with the objectives of the company. Please note that the job description for this position may be
reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the department and the company.
This is an immediate requirement so should you be interested in the opportunity, please contact us ASAP