|Job Ref:||204711473||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Salary:||£35000 - £48000/annum depending on experience||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:38|
Working for a company that specialize in Glazing/Façade, Envelope, Complex, my client is looking for a project manager/site agent to either manager a number of smaller project or to manage a small amount of larger ones. This roles is primarily based out of Humberside but will involve an amount of travelling across the country. |
Main duties will include:
- Plan projects and define scope and ensure that they meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales and sequencing.
- Team leadership liaison / point of contact for Subcontractors and Staff
- Meeting other Specialist Subcontractors
- On site resource planning and reporting (Materials, Staff, Subcontractors)
- Confer with site supervisory personnel, Main contractors, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complains, H&S, quality and construction problems.
- Obtaining Site Instructions, prepare and submit VTC'S
- Monitoring and providing Site Progress Reports including forecasting and projections.
- Site Health & Safety including making Safety Inspections and ensuring
Construction Site Safety and Risk Analysis and Method statements.
- Maintaining CSI site Health & Safety Documentation
- Cost estimating control - cash flow forecast
- Developing a budget and achieve the set target costs.
- Create charts and schedules to communicate and control time, quality and programme, and assist all depts, to achieve goals.
- Controlling Quality and implementing quality control plans and ITP's oversee requisitions.
- Prepare and submit budget estimate and progress and cost tracking.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies, H&S and quality risks.
- Investigate damages, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Select, contract and oversee workers via site agents who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch worker to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff and worker including sub-contractors
- Provide updates and information to assist in the preparing of valuations for interim and final applications.
- Ensuring timely submission of stage Handovers to Main Contractors
- Using Specialist Construction Management Computer Applications.
- Prepare any new sites prior to the commencement of construction works to set out site and organise facilities.
Take ownership of individual jobs from been awarded to completion,
Managing all labour and subcontractors on site
Attend meetings with client
Attend meeting with senior management team
Must be self-motivated and be able to work on own initiative and to tight project deadlines.
Nationwide contracts and will include a large amount of travel and overnight stays.
The company sees progression from within as an integral part of their
This is a specialist company within this market so experience of envelope sub contract/main contract work is essential
Must have CSCS /SMSTS/SSSTS
For more information please get in touch