|Job Ref:||204711519||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£225 - £250/day||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:34|
A Construction Site Manager with an M&E bias is required by a market leading sustainable construction business for a short-term contract in Southampton (running from mid October until Christmas).|
- Support the Project Manager in taking ownership and leadership of any project and ensure their successful delivery against defined criteria of time, cost, quality and benefits realisation
- Support the planning phase through to closure of technical and non-technical project work, of all sizes and scale, on site
- Maintain the progress of business and technical tasks in such a way that minimises the risks of delay/failure whilst maximising benefit and restricting cost
- With the guidance of the Project Manager to direct contractors on site
- Take responsibility for the documentation & execution of works on site and manages risks to the success of the project
- Ensure that works on site are managed safely and in line with CDM expectations.
- Setup regular meetings, briefings, inductions and safety inspections to ensure works are managed and co-ordinated in line with the design and Project Managers wishes.
- Monitor timescales & resources used, by ensuring diaries and records of operatives on site are maintained and absences and omissions reported to the Project Manager.
- Escalate project issues related to deviation in scope/quality/timing/budget and dependencies with other projects and provides reporting to the project team.
- Provide input into any Change Control issues.
- Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks in any and all tasks particularly in the area of key project deliverables
- Comply at all times with the business` policies and procedures, including health & safety, conduct, security, attendance, equality of opportunity, & time recording
- Deputise for the Project Manager as required
- Represent the Project Manager full time on site, as and when projects under construction and through commissioning.
An experienced Site Manager you will have proven experience of successfully supervising construction of M&E projects. You will have experience of managing contractors and have a strong safety culture. You will be a CSCS cardholder, SMSTS qualified and ideally hold a first aid at work certificate. You will ideally live locally to Southampton and must be available to start in mid-October