|Job Ref:||204711659||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Salary:||£23000 - £29241/annum Up to £29,241.07 plus MSA of £5,000||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:33|
Role: Multi Skills Trainer (Various Construction/Vocational)|
Role Type: Full Time - Permanent
Salary Scale: Up to £29,241.07 plus a market scarcity allowance of £5,000* (Salary subject to job evaluation)
Close Date: 12th October 2016
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so Novus have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer in Multi Skills to join the education team within HMP Send. The vacancies will suit candidates who have experience in vocational construction, such as Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Plumbing etc.
The purpose of these role is to deliver high quality learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards, in line with Novus's policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Work collaboratively with Functional skills tutors/Learning Support Practitioners to support literacy, language and numeracy skills within the programme.
- Compliance with Novus & stakeholder policies and procedures.
To qualify for the level 2 salary, you will:
- Have at least 2 years` experience in the relevant vocational area
- Willing to gain PTLLS within 6 months
- Commitment to gain a subject specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
You must also be willing to work towards to relevant qualifications as specified in the role profile.
Novus are the top performing, market leader in offender education, training and employability services. We support over 65,000 offenders per year within the male and female estate, in more than 100 establishments across the country. Obtaining `good` or `outstanding` results during our latest inspections is something we are proud of and to maintain this, we need high performing, talented teachers to join us and contribute to an exceptionally rewarding education programme
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV