|Job Ref:||204714961||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£0 - £32165/annum Up to £32,165.18 and MSA of £5,000||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:39|
Salary: Up to £32,165.18 (inclusive of 10% London weighting) and Market Scarcity Allowance of £5,000*|
Location: HMP Belmarsh, London
Closing date: 26th October 2016
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Working within OLASS is challenging yet highly rewarding. Staff have come into Offender Learning from all walks of life, most had never considered offender learning as a progressive career choice but once engaged, they seldom leave.
About the role
The purpose of these role is to deliver high quality learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards, in line with Novus policies and procedures. You`ll be supporting a small group of learners with a variety of skill levels, ambition and drive to learn all aspects of painting and decorating. To do this you`ll have a tenacious and creative approach to engage learners of all abilities to support with their life skills to aid their chances of employability on release.
About the employer
Novus are the largest and best performing provider of education, training and employability services to prisoners and offenders in the country. The latest inspections by HMIP and Ofsted of their provision in prisons graded 80% 'good' or 'outstanding', the complete reverse of the national figure of just 33% identified in the 2014/15 HMIP Annual Report.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more...
- Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Work collaboratively with Functional skills tutors/Learning Support Practitioners to support literacy, language and numeracy skills within the programme.
All Trainers must have experience in the vocational area and be willing to work towards relevant qualifications as specified in the role profile for the trainer level 1 banding.
To qualify for the level 2 salary you will
- Hold a qualification to allow the delivery of accreditation in the relevant vocational area to Level 3
- Hold an Assessor award required by Awarding Bodies, if relevant
- Hold PTLLS qualification
- To hold or commit to gain an Internal Verifier award within 1 year (dependent upon course accreditation requirements)
- Must hold level 2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV