|Job Ref:||204715140||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:04|
Electrical Supervisor / Qualifying Supervisor|
Planned and Reactive Maintenance (Social Housing)
£35k - £40k + Benefits Car/Allowance, Healthcare, Holiday Entitlement
One of the UK's leading Social Housing contractors is currently looking to expand their existing electrical team in Surrey with the appointment of an experienced Electrical Supervisor / Qualifying Supervisor. The successful Electrical Supervisor / Qualifying Supervisor will be an electrician by trade, and will have previous supervisory experience. Ideally you will have worked on Social Housing refurbishment or maintenance projects in the past. You will be a strong leader, with excellent communication and inter personal skills.
NVQ Level 3
City & Guilds 2391 / 2394 / 2395
As the Electrical Supervisor your duties will include:
* Inspect, supervise subcontractor's testing, conduct own testing - as necessary - of electrical installations to the requirements of BS7671; ensure strict compliance to the regulations and client specifications.
* Carefully review electrical specifications provided by clients, interpret requirements, notify on any inadequacy or inconsistencies identified with regards to provisions therein, and provide advice on its requirements.
* Conduct regular comprehensive quality control inspections of electrical installation works in progress to ascertain compliance with regulations and prescribed specifications; ascertain competence of operatives or subcontractors engaged in such works, and provide documented reports of findings
* Produce technical reports documenting inspections; detail observations, findings, conclusions, recommendations and remedial works necessary to comply with BS7671 and client specification
* Review reports and certificates documenting condition and evidencing electrical installations; ascertain the technical correctness and adequacy of such reports, and action as necessary.
* Advise and support Contract Managers with regards to all technical requirements of BS7671 and NICEIC practices
* Provide cost effective solutions and recommendations to support commercial efforts of Contract Managers
* Provide any other reports that may be requested by Clients, the Contracts Manager or the Commercial Manager
* Attend monthly contract meetings or any other meeting when requested, and provide Contracts Managers with progress reports as and when requested.
* Ensure the utmost confidentiality in dealing with all records and information you become aware of in the course of works, pertaining to the company, its staff or to residents.
* Provide other ad hoc duties deemed necessary by the Commercial Manager for the efficient running of the Maintenance Division.
In return for your skills and experience you will be offered excellent scope for career progression, fantastic working conditions and a salary of £35k - £40k + Benefits. You will also be provided with all the training and support required for you to reach your full potential. To become part of a forward thinking company that works with you to ensure client satisfaction, please apply