|Job Ref:||204715423||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum company van||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:35|
Building & Fabrics Project Manager - South East - £40,000 to £50,000 + company van |
A top FM services provider in looking for a Building and Fabrics Project Manager to join their team working on one of their important portfolios. The main office is based in Farnborough however this is a mobile role that covers South London, Woking, Oxford and Dartford. A company van is provided so a full UK driving licence is essential to meet the requirements of the role.
The main function of the role is to organise, plan, co-ordinate and manage various construction work projects such as roofing, welfare refurbishments and general building repairs from conception to completion. It is expected that there will be an element of Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC works included within each project that will also require managing although support would be provided from a technical perspective on such items. Ensuring smooth delivery within the portfolio of sites is critical. The role will require the candidate to have financial responsibility of each assigned project.
* To optimise the efficiency of a group of workmen, by organizing, coordinating, controlling and managing activities at the site in accordance with the contractual requirements and scope of works.
* Responsible for efficiently and economically implementing the assigned tasks from commencement to completion in full compliance to applicable standards and specifications, within the given time frame, including monitoring and regular reporting of the overall progress.
* Ensure effective man power management and use of all other resources such as materials, tools, equipment, proactively report shortage of these resources.
* Ensure correct estimate of costs, for works to be executed on all jobs, in order to eliminate any chance of losses and to promote revenue earning.
* Responsible for the preparation and submission of quotations.
* Coordinate with the concerned operatives / contractors to prepare the estimates and submit relevant quotations.
* To monitor closely, coach and mentor the ability, efficiency and tact of each tradesmen and review accordingly using Personal Performance Plans.
* Report to the Account Manager on the overall project / staff activities on a regular basis and communicate challenges to execute the job effectively.
* To ensure complete management of both in-house teams and subcontractors.
* Methodically follow up assigned work orders, update and close upon completion of job.
* Ensure that labour hours are recorded and booked on daily basis and reference expenditure to allowances within the tender or quotation.
* Arrange for site inspection from time to time to ensure standard of work and completion schedule.
* Ensure that the client or end user endorses, by way of signature on work order form, approval of job undertaken.
* Check the specifications of the material for proper usage of the suitable material for each job.
* Coordinate with other teams ensuring satisfactory completion of all work requests and tasks of multi trades.
* Guidance, mentoring and development of all direct reports.
* Keep developing and maintain relationships with all clients and potential new customers.
* Adherence to all current company procedures and the IMS system.
* Ensure that Periodic Progress Reports are submitted as required by the Account Manager
* Preparation of programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
* Based upon current and projected project activity as identified in the annual business plan, develop an in house cost effective and multi skilled team of operatives appropriately to the needs of the project business.
* Knowledgeable and up to date in matters relating to Health and Safety and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations and ensure compliance at all times.
* Provide operational support as necessary to other parts of business.
* Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Diploma Certificate or equivalent technical qualifications
* Experience in construction or building services of which must be able to demonstrate experience in a management capacity in a multi skilled work environment.
* Past trade experience in refurbishment and building work projects is essential.
* Experience in assisting with quantity surveying, estimations and quotations
* A good level of computer literacy in the more common applications
* Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge
* Have excellent leadership, team building and communication skills
* Hold a valid, clean driving license
* Good knowledge of building materials related to the specialised trade
* Overall and general knowledge of electrical and mechanical works
* Have sufficient experience in running CDM notifiable projects
* Be well versed in preparation and review of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase health & safety plans.
* First aid at Work required
* SMSTS qualification is desirable