|Job Ref:||204715532||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
We have an opening for an exterienced level Quantity Surveyor or Estimator in Northern Ireland. Based in Belfast you will work for a leading FM services provider offering reactive & planned property maintenance services and minor works contracting services.|
Due to increasing workload, they are seeking an experienced QS or Estimator who will provide Quantity Surveying and Estimating support across the company's operations, including minor works and fit out projects. The ideal candidate will be familiar with NEC, JCT and MTC contracts, ideally with experience contacting and dealing with stakeholders, including the client and suppliers. You should be familiar with the full life cycle of the contracts you have dealt with.
Role & responsibilities:
* Preparation of costed estimates for new works tenders for Minor Works and Bundled contracts.
* Liaise with Operations Managers on the breakdown of in-house & supplier resources.
* Liaison with clients, architects, consultants during the tender process incl. site visits.
* Preparation of tender settlement packs including itemised cost breakdowns, supplier quotations, preliminaries and projected contributions.
* Liaise with Operations Managers on the set up, supplier procurement and delivery of new works contracts.
* Preparation of interim claims, final accounts, consolidated valuations including all supporting documentation.
* Manage in-house and subcontractor costs in line with contract rates.
* Preparation of cash flow forecasts & cost reports for clients' contract review meetings.
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and consultants to help the Commercial development of existing and new business opportunities.
* At least 7 years' experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role with a background ideally in Building Maintenance / Facilities Management
* Good understanding of private and public sector procurement processes
* Minimum 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline eg Quantity Surveying
* Working knowledge of various Forms of Contract - NEC3, JCT, GC Works etc.
* IT Skills - Word, Excel, Autocad, Projects, estimating software etc
* Strong verbal and written skills for tender preparation, client communications and costed estimates
If you think this 'quantity surveyor' role sounds right for you, then let us know by either applying or contacting Stephen McConnell on NA or to hear more about it.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client