|Job Ref:||204716070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lincolnshire||City:||Lincolnshire||Address:||Post Code:||LN13||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Car, Pension||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:33|
Job Title Senior Project Manager|
Reports To A Senior Project Manager will typically report directly to a Regional or Sector
Business Manager. A Project Manager will typically report to a Contracts Manager.
Staff Reporting All site based personnel - Staff and Operatives
Purpose of Job To manage allocated projects efficiently and professionally in all respects accepting responsibility for all aspects of performance demonstrating the sites are in control at every stage including profitability and customer satisfaction. A Senior Project Manager will typically be capable of running projects in excess of £20 million and beyond. A Project Manager will typically run projects of up to £20 million in value.
• Provide production input to the tender process to the required level, liaising with the Managing Estimating Bid Managers to include visiting the proposed sites and producing site reports, advise on methodology, programme and inherent risks.
• Liaise with specialist input where this is deemed to be required.
• Ensure compliance with company procedures and standards, taking action as necessary.
• Schedule information release, order and delivery dates for all necessary resources.
• Ensure all risks and opportunities are identified.
• Regularly review and update Risk Register.
• Establish temporary works requirements and appoint qualified temporary works co-ordinator where appropriate.
• Ensure the successful completion of Contracts, and in the process enhancing the reputation of the company with the client and his team.
• Ensure we provide a quality of service to our customers and to and from our suppliers advise Contracts Manager on areas for improvement.
• Work closely with the Project Surveyor on all commercial matters, issue notices as required under the main and subcontractors and ensure all opportunities are maximised.
• Continually update and accurately quantify the work outstanding in terms of time, resource and cost.
• Monitor performance, updating as necessary, to ensure process is maintained against programme ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
• Convene and chair regular progress/ co-ordination meetings with client, consultant, subcontractors and involved third parties.
• Receive, review, record and distribute construction information. Ensure that safe working practices are adopted at all times in compliance with company policy and procedures.
Development of Infrastructure and Systems
• Provide information for collation by Contracts Manager In terms of Project Debrief, KPI's and areas where specific improvements (through methods, innovations etc.) or problems have occurred.
• Ensure forecasts on time and finance are accurate and comprehensive.
• Seek to implement new ideas.
• Ensure feedback mechanisms are properly maintained and adhered to.
• Ensure compliance with all current procedures and reporting documentation.
Organisation and People Development
• Ensure all staff are released for training courses at all times to maximise their development and advise on any additional training requirements that have been identified.
• Ensure all our Staff and Operatives are well informed and well valued.
• Promote the need for ownership of individuals performance.
• Advise Contracts Manager of staff morale, performance and requirements.
• Be fair in all our dealings.
• Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism at all times acting as a role model for other employees.
Development of Internal and External Customer/Supplier Relationships
• Participate in networking and team working throughout the business and with our suppliers.
• Advise CM on future staff requirements ensuring that the requisite reports are fed back to the centre.
• Appraise innovative ideas for implementation.
• Develop relationships with out suppliers such that they want to work with us rather that our competitors.
• Utilise the expertise of our suppliers where appropriate to assist our performance.
• Maintain contact with our customers post completion through the DLP and beyond.
• Make life easy for our customers, whilst protecting the company position.
• Deal effectively with customer problems and complaints and inform Contracts Manager of any problems.
• Advise the Marketing Department on potential business opportunities.
Sharing the Leadership Role of the Next Highest Level
• Actively support and implement business strategies.
• Regular review with Contracts Manager on aspects of the project - fortnightly Contracts Managers meetings.
• Advise Contracts Manager on monitoring of customer perception of our performance.
• Assist in the development and implementation of business policies and strategies, ensuring effective communication to the site team.
• Degree/HND/C level qualification most likely, but also could be from a trade background. Will have extensive career experience across a range of site disciplines