|Job Ref:||204715550||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Associate / Senior Structural Engineer|
Leading Engineering Consultancy are seeking an Associate level, Chartered Structural Engineer with particular experience in Nuclear and Defence projects.
The Engineer will be tasked with the following:
• Lead and undertake Civil/Structural engineering design, review and construction supervision across a range of projects;
• Check and review designs prepared by others;
• Lead and motivate a technical team;
• Mentor and develop capability of junior staff
The Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills attributes and experiences:
• Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
• Experience of heavy Civil/Structural engineering in the Power, Ports and Defence sectors.
• Large scale Earthworks, Deep Excavations and Underground concrete structures experience particularly relevant.
• Experience working on Nuclear or Defence sites highly desirable
• Knowledge of current relevant design codes.
• Attention to details and able to scrutinise and review design and construction work.
• Understanding of the importance of processes in the Nuclear and Defence environments.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to assess and solve complex engineering problems
• A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate a team
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team
• A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines
• A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
• Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods overseas on assignments, when required
• Have a valid UK driving licence
It is preferable but not essential to have the following:
• Experience of seismic structural design