|Job Ref:||204714923||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum + Great Benefits||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
Commercial Manager |
Warrington, North West
To c.£70k + car / car allowance + great benefits package!
Our client are one of the UK's leading construction and development companies working on a variety of interesting large scale projects. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their expanding team!
You will be based out of their offices in close to Warrington however the role will involve regular travel and overnight stays to their projects across the UK. The first project will be based in Scotland where you will work on an impressive cutting edge mixed use property comprising of commercial units and student accommodation.
You will be involved in a wide range of construction projects including impressive commercial and student accommodation developments.
As Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing and supporting the Quantity Surveyor and motivating and developing the commercial department, implementing solutions, suggestions and procedures when needed.
* Manage and support the Quantity Surveyors.
* To motivate and provide direction to the to the team
* Report on all financial aspects within the department
* Ensure the delivery of quality products within time and financial constraints
* Collate and evaluate forecasts for monthly reporting
* Highlight commercial opportunities to maximise returns, or minimise losses
* Review and authorise subcontract orders
* Review budgets, performance and expectations, putting measures in place to rectify any problems.
* Develop strong business relationships with clients in order to encourage and promote a positive image of the company
* Review and authorise subcontract payments
* Monitor the financial progress of a project, promote a positive attitude towards variations, their valuing, encourage regular meetings and an honest up front approach to clients to ensure a fair resolution of accounts and claims
* Ensure valuations are submitted by the surveyors within the agreed time frames
In order be considered you will need:
* Strong contract law knowledge
* Strong building regulations knowledge
* Experience from a main contractor background in building/construction.
* Previous experience of working within Quantity Surveying within construction ideally
* Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
* A flexible approach to work and be able to travel across the UK
On offer with this role is the opportunity to grow within a forward thinking company and the chance to be involved with a variety of exciting construction projects. You will receive a competitive salary plus car / car allowance, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, generous company pensions and other great benefits!
Regular travel across the UK will be involved with this job however you will also receive a high subsistence allowance, and allowances should you have to travel outside of work hours.
If you're interested in discussing this exciting opportunity further get in touch now