|Job Ref:||204714824||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Royal Leamington Spa||Address:||Salary:||£31109 - £34354/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Building Inspector to join the team. The role is a home based position covering the Warwick, Royal Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Coventry area. We are offering a salary of £31,109 - £34,354 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.|
NHBC (National House-Building Council) is a non-profit distributing company and the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building for new and newly converted homes. We reinvest all our surpluses in achieving our primary purpose: improving quality in house building to protect homeowners through cover provided by the NHBC Buildmark policy. Due to continued expansion and internal promotions, this opportunity has now become available.
What are the responsibilities of the Building Inspector?
- Ensuring compliance with NHBC Standards, Building Regulations and associated legislation by inspection of homes under construction and/or conversion.
- Working with site personnel to develop good customer relations and promote the objectives and services of the Company.
- Deliver a service to NHBC Building Control Services Ltd in accordance with the business area Service Level Agreement and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer and statutory requirements are met.
Our ideal Building Inspector will have the following skills & experience:
- NHBC Building Inspector roles are home based and due to the nature of these roles, a full UK driving licence is essential
- Typically qualified to HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 6 in a construction related discipline with relevant construction industry experience
- Associate membership of an appropriate recognised professional institute would be beneficial.
- You are likely to have experience of the inspection of new homes
- Ideally this will have been within a supervisory / management / regulatory role
- You have the ability to make pragmatic and value decisions and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures
- You can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills and able to prepare detailed inspection reports
- Typical background for a Building Inspector could be Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Surveyor, Clerk of Works, Bricklayer, Carpenter or similar
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- £31,109 - £34,354 (depending experience including home worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car (Grade 1) with facility to upgrade.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the UK's leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Building Inspector.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields