|Job Ref:||204714631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
NA We are looking for a Logistics Manager to join our construction business in the Cambridge area working on a high profile project.|
The role is about interfacing with the various Operations Managers, Planning Team, Health Safety & Environment Team and Security to develop a cohesive and coordinated phase plan for the safe and productive delivery of the project.
* Directly manage the logistics team for the implementation of construction phase plans
* Have overall site logistics management
* Work with the operations managers and subcontractors to lead the development of the detailed construction phase plan
* Schedule and lead planning sessions.
* Deliver construction phase plans to the leadership team prior to implementation.
* Interface with local authorities and adjacent stakeholders.
* Manage the overall site logistics team to ensure that foot paths, plant movements and work areas are properly segregated to provide a safe and efficient work site.
* Oversee the maintenance and modifications to the installation of all site boundary fencing, the building of site offices, canteen areas and drying rooms.
We're looking for
* Major project experience
* Knowledge of the workings of a construction site
* External works experience
* An understanding of Health & Safety and Waste Management procedures
* CSCS qualification (if possible)
* Superstructure frames/cladding/roof structure experience
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA