|Job Ref:||204714545||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£45000/annum company car||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
Asset Manager - UK wide - £45,000 + company car|
A leading FM services provider is looking for an Asset Manager to cover the whole of the UK. This role is to support the Asset Strategy Manager in the development and delivery of long-term asset management strategies, providing direction and management of the various embedded programme delivery teams.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for validating realistic targets and performance measurement indicators, monitoring compliance, benchmarking and performance across a diverse range of asset portfolios and contracts. Ensure industry leading processes and strategies are deployed and developed to ensure consistent performance and quality standards for planned and reactive works in consultation with customers that can be utilised in asset management programs across Clients.
Maintain effective lifecycle asset models and other associated tools for all assets, to produce optimal asset operation, replacement and refurbishment plans and associated capital investment plans, to enable assets to be maintained, renewed and developed to match current and future business requirements safely and economically, ensuring these are integrated effectively into business planning processes. Understand and integrate with Building Information Modelling (BIM) projects from Client construction and refurbishment schemes.
The role is pivotal in introducing new standards and systems including introducing an ISO 55001 accredited Asset Management system and transferring best asset management practice across all accounts. This will include capturing and disseminating best practice, undertaking audits and assessments, supporting mobilisations and improvement measures on existing accounts.
List the main aspects of the job, with an emphasis on duties and responsibilities for junior roles, and accountabilities and deliverables for more senior roles.
* To optimise the operating efficiency of assets, systems and subsystems across the portfolio through systematic management in line with best practice ISO 55001;
* Supporting the Asset Strategy Manager in the setting of all Asset Management Policies and Procedures across the business and the development of all critical documentation to ensure compliance with ISO 55001 (Asset Management) with the aim of achieving and maintaining accreditation;
* Support the Asset Strategy Manager in developing effective interface models with client CMMS systems and create report formats to allow for benchmarking and asset performance comparisons;
* Actively manage and support new contract mobilisations and deployment of the Asset Management systems to new and existing contracts;
* Encourage the creation of a constructive culture, working collaboratively with engineering operations management, frontline staff and stakeholders to implement the asset management transformation programme;
* Support and drive new operating initiatives and opportunities and effectively implement any changes to the business including the knowledge transfer of ISO 55001 across the business;
* Monitor the Asset Management systems, ensure building asset management plans are updated (annually); asset performance objectives are reviewed and modified in line with best industry practice ensuring that assets perform as designed and to a high standard;
* Assist with the implementation of asset management processes and procedures, which enable the collection of asset data across the whole portfolio, maintain effective asset performance history and produce asset life cycle plans, 10 year life cycle cost projections and 5 year capex investment forecasts;
* Undertake periodic reviews of Asset Management processes, operational procedures and performance, ensuring any improvement plans are identified and are implemented;
* Facilitate the application of risk-based methodologies and support each Account Team with knowledge, training and appropriate tools;
* Monitor the use of planning and asset reporting strategies, using computerised asset management system including evaluation and developing sustainable solutions for underperforming assets;
* Understand the principles of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and advise and support Clients and Operational teams in the specification of BIM standards and implementation of BIM outputs into the CMMS system and asset registers;
* Support strategic relationships with both Operational and IT teams to effect change to support future customer needs;
* Ensure standards are maintained by the operational teams to ensure correct quality information is loaded into the CMMS systems at every stage of fault diagnostics through to job completion to ensure that real-time information is available for customer communication and data analysis.
* Ideally educated to at least HNC / HND standard (or equivalent) in a relevant hard services discipline with demonstrable experience in asset management, lifecycle management, customer service and change management activities/fields. Knowledge of change management tools and techniques and best practice asset management. Ideally a Member of the Institute of Asset Management and a holder of the Certificate in Asset Management is desirable.
* Good IT skills including a working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Excel, PowerPoint and other data bases combined with an understanding and appreciation of CMMS / CAFM systems or similar.
* An appreciation of corporate real estate and property management, desired. Professional membership of one or more of the following: IAM, IET, CIBSE, BIFM, IFMA, RICS or other, desired. Experience of best practice standards including BSRIA Business-Focused Maintenance and ISO 55001 etc