|Job Ref:||204714048||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Filton||Address:||Post Code:||BS34||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:34|
Facilities Management - Hard Services Supervisor|
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Management - Hard Services Supervisor to join our client's team in Filton. Our client is a world leading well established Facilities Management Company. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual, our client can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
* Ensure the engineering team comply with all Health and Safety and Operational policies, systems and procedures in place for:
* Ensuring the information flow between the Client's PPM regime is accurate, timely and complies with the policy requirements
* Writing Permits and ensuring works are being carried out in accordance with permit documentation and safe systems of works
* Ensuring engineering team comply with all relevant technical statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance
* Managing subcontractors including access arrangements, safety documentation and quality of works
* Quality checking of engineering and subcontractor works
* Report deficiencies (non-conformances) in accordance with site procedures to engineering manager
* Ensure asset management framework (AMF) process is consistent across engineering team and continually review and update the processes and system through engineering feedback
* Manage PPM and reactive feedback ensuring audit trail aligned to the maintenance management system
* Complete routine audits at required frequency, including Stop Shift Audits and Behavioural Observations
* Delivery of Tool box talks
* Ensure that all key site documentation is kept up to date and that the incumbent delivery team adopts a systematic and consistent approach for all change activities.
* Attend operational and team briefings, client, sub-contractor meetings and any meeting as required in order to complete the designated role and its associated functions.
* Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate at every opportunity.
* Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers and staff.
* Provide Client with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other management purposes.
* Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by senior management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
* Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment
* Must have a proactive nature with high level of practical engineering and technical knowledge in SSOW and Permits
* Must have experience with managing staff and contractors
* IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
* Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
* Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
* Awareness of Legionella, Water Quality Management
* Asbestos Aware
* Experience of mechanical and electrical systems
* Financially and commercially aware
* Must be organised and demonstrate structured methods of working
* Retain excellent housekeeping and working practices
* Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort
* Ability to proactively communicate with both colleagues and client
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
To apply - Please send your CV to Adrienn Turoczi