|Job Ref:||204713985||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:34|
Job Title: Process Operator|
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too!
To assist in the day-to-day operational activities and carry out instructions issued by the Project Manager and other members of staff, to ensure that the Plant operates in a safe and efficient manner, within all Health and Safety and Environmental Guidelines, whilst maximising production and product quality.
* Principal duties and job elements
* Being part of the technical team full-time, with flexibility and availability towards working times to ensure the plant is kept operational 16 hours per day (2 shifts).
* Setting up, testing, operating, disassembling, cleaning, maintaining, and repairing equipment.
* Assisting in the determination, development and optimisation of production / operation methods and procedures.
* Ensure compliance with all Company procedures.
* Remaining aware, at all times, of your responsibilities, for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of your work colleagues, and report incidents as per Company procedure.
* Carrying out other tasks within your operational ability as and when required.
* To undertake all necessary training to increase and improve own skills in the workplace.
* Process operational experience ideally gained with plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling/recovery industry.
* Good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and procedures; a H&S qualification would be an advantage.
* High levels of numeracy and literacy with good communication skills.
* Forklift qualification would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of process equipment and instrumentation such as motors, pumps, flowmeters and thermocouples would be an advantage.
* Fabrication and welding skills would be highly desirable.
* Basic electronic skills would be an advantage.
* A formal qualification such as HNC (or equivalent) or above in Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline, would be a strong advantage.
* Able to follow instructions both written and verbal.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to prioritise the job at hand and deal appropriately with confidential information.
* Able to identify important tasks and take responsibility for their execution.
* Well-organised and motivated individual; a 'doer', strongly self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile, with the interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in a fast growing business.
* Able to work within a small team where your contribution is very important