|Job Ref:||204713973||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wimborne||Address:||Post Code:||BH21||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:37|
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a large local company who provide contracting services to the leisure, retail and commercial sectors. They are now looking for an Assistant Estimator to provide assistance to the Estimating Director in preparing tender costs for projects for settlement, ensuring a competitive net tender.
* Check and acknowledge tender documents and amendments.
* Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
* Select subcontract and material companies in conjunction with wider team.
* Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties.
* Arrange pricing document production - internal or external as required.
* Enter pricing document onto database as required.
* To assist in the production of project takeoffs for various trade packages.
* Answering queries from subcontractors/suppliers.
* Arrange site visits as required.
* Assist in the pricing of the various elements of the scheme.
* Attend Adjudication Meeting and assist with presenting a net tender for agreement/approval.
* Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
* Attend handover meeting and assist with briefing team on tender bid.
* Attend pre-contract Design Team Meetings as required.
* Cost Planning.
* Attend project debrief, collating feedback from site to update pricing database.
* Identification of project related risks.
* Identify scope for value creation / value engineering.
* Knowledge of the construction industry.
* Understanding of various construction methods.
* Understanding of costing and pricing.
* Knowledge of sub contractors and suppliers.
* Knowledge of tender process and document management.
* Research Methods.
* Reading & interpreting drawings and technical specifications
* Measurement of construction works
* Risk Assessment.
* Data Analysis and Pricing.
* Software Management.
* Minimum HNC / HND Level 4 qualification
* Construction or Quantity Surveying Degree.
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today at Adecco in Bournemouth.
Please note: This position is based in Wimborne, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact initial successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer