|Job Ref:||204713013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wimborne||Address:||Post Code:||BH21||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:36|
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a large local company who provide contracting services to the leisure, retail and commercial sectors. They are now looking for an Estimator to provide tender costs for projects for settlement, ensuring a competitive net tender.
* To prepare competitive SORs, negotiated tenders, cost plans and traditional competitive tenders in line with contract documentation.
* To prepare tenders which clearly set out our profit position and risk elements for settlement by senior team.
* Check and acknowledge tender documents and amendments.
* Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
* Select subcontract and material companies in conjunction with wider team.
* Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties.
* Arrange pricing document production - internal or external as required.
* Enter pricing document onto database as required.
* Rate up pricing document.
* Answering queries from subcontractors/suppliers.
* Arrange site visits as required.
* Requesting further information from Client/Design Team and arrange meeting if required.
* Internal meetings to review design alternatives and value management .
* Enter sub-contractor/supplier quotations and check for completeness compliance/qualification.
* Price up Prelims with CM/team input.
* Compile provisional Summary Pricing schedule.
* Attend Adjudication Meeting and present a net tender for agreement/approval.
* Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualifications.
* Complete Contract Sum Analysis/Schedule if necessary.
* Post tender negotiations with Client/log all activity.
* Ensure final Pricing documents are fully distributed.
* Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
* Attend handover meeting and brief team on tender bid.
* Attend pre-contract Design Team Meetings as required.
* Cost Planning.
* Attend project debrief, collating feedback from sites to update pricing database
* Identification of project related risks.
* Identify scope for value creation / value engineering.
* Knowledge of the construction industry.
* Understanding of costing and pricing.
* Knowledge of sub contractors and suppliers.
* Knowledge of tender process and document management.
* Research Methods.
* Project Management.
* Risk Assessment..
* Data Analysis and Pricing.
* Measurement of construction works.
* Software Management.
* Quote Preparation and Submission.
* Budgets and Forecasts.
* Construction or Quantity Surveying Degree.
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have experience in a similar role and all the relevant skills? If so apply today at Adecco in Bournemouth.
Please note: This position is based in Wimborne, please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact initial successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer