|Job Ref:||204712929||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Muscat||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:36|
RESIDENT ENGINEER - OMAN|
My client specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects across the Middle East region. They are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary consultancy with over 30 years of expertise in multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering and supervision projects.
They are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and very reputable employers whom I have been recruiting for across the region for over 5 years.
To act as Engineer`s/Client`s Representative in the administration of the construction contract. To ensure that the companies responsibilities under the Supervision Agreement with the Client and the Supervision Undertaking with the Municipality are fulfilled.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager regarding design and documentation issues.
Action all construction contract correspondence with contractor(s), client and construction manager (if applicable). - Review and action material, shop drawing, sample, mock-up etc. submittals.
- Issue instructions to contractor for their action to comply with the construction contract time and quality requirements.
- Action the Client's instructions to modify the works in consultation with the Head Office if involving change to the design.
- Liaise with the Head Office designers and Statutory Authorities to resolve site queries.
- Issue to the client and Head Office regular project progress reports.
- Review and process contractor payments and variation orders.
- Review and advise client on contractor claims.
- Issue substantial and final completion certificates.
- Prepare and follow up snag lists.
- Review and approve operation and maintenance manuals and as-built drawings.
- Issue supervision invoices to Client for payment.
- Follow up payment until received.
- 15 years previous experience in a similar role.
- GCC and major projects experience
- Must have a proven, stable background within the consultancy and architectural fields.
- Previous experience working on entertainment venue projects from conception through to handover
- Advanced technical writing and communication skills and fluency in the English language.
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, BSc Architecture or B Architecture from a recognised Western university is essential
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished RE that is looking for a role that offers long term career progression
Please contact James Mowat at Energi People for a confidential conversation