|Job Ref:||204712586||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Grangemouth||Address:||Post Code:||FK3||Salary:||£300 - £350/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:34|
Quantity Surveyor |
Grangemouth, Heavy Civils Experience
£140 million Project, 2 year Contract
My client is a Civils Project Management company acting on behalf of the main contractor for the civils package on a newbuild project based close to Grangemouth. They are looking for an experienced QS to head up the commercial side of the civils package and assisting the civils project manager. Initially the focus will be on the pre-contract commercial activities leading to a Tender Settlement and ultimately negotiating a contract awards for civils subcontractor and procurement.
You will be a project based QS undertaking able to perform detailed review and analysis of Cost Plans for large complex projects, including full measurement and rating exercises. You will also able to complete detailed cost reporting forms.
* Prepares detailed and reliable forecasts of cash inflow and outflow, for complex projects.
* Able to supervise the preparation and scrutiny of long term cash forecasts, monitor results and interpret reasons for deviation. Able to advise and guide on established techniques to minimise outflow of cash and maximise inflow. Has the big picture on cash management and guides the management of cash to maximise benefit to the group.
* Able to devise and implement innovative cashflow maximisation strategies. Able to establish targets / forecasts, interrogate results and manage cashflow risks.
* Can perform and lead a comprehensive and detailed risk and opportunity review for complex projects and propose, implement, manage and monitor risk management strategies.
* Able to complete the suite of project reports from raw data and interpret and advise on key issues.
* Able to use project cost management system for all day to day applications for payment, procurement, cost reports etc.
* Able to draft contractual and commercially sensitive correspondence and reports and doing so on a regular basis.
* Able to prepare, monitor and control Estimated Final Costs against targets / budgets, taking account of changes and transfers to original Budget to Build.
* Able to undertake such exercises on complex projects.
* Able to develop and establish a Budget to Build for direct works elements and convert into useful
* Management monitoring reports. Can prepare, forecast, analyse and interpret in detail costs vs budget to assess direct works performance.
* Able to make credible alternate design proposals, with an understanding of the associated commercial implications. This competence being derived from experience on a significant range of projects.
* Can provide detailed advice on contract conditions, undertake tender scrutiny / vetts, identify issues that require legal advice, and manage the resolution of contractual issues. Has a detailed working knowledge of bonds, guarantees, warranties, insurances, letters of intent and other common contractual mechanisms.
* Can manage the recording and submission of claims in respect of delay and loss / expense. Able to formulate detailed arguments in respect of such issues and make representation to the relevant parties.
* Able to manage the recording and submission of claims in respect of extensions of time and / or loss and expense. Also able to formulate detailed arguments in respect of these and make presentations in respect of these.
* Able to undertake and supervise valuation of complex Sub-Contract packages and manage, lead and advise team in performing these tasks. Can comprehensively prepare extire external Application for Payment, managing supporting work by others as necessary.
* Able to influence and project procurement strategy, and devise suitable procurement approaches for the supply chain. Good working knowledge of traditional, D&B, PFI, Framework, Open and Closed Book etc.
* Lead the procurement, negotiation and letting of complex sub-contracts. Can supervise the preparation of documents for complex main contracts.
* Able to understand and interpret the contract programme and importance of logic links. Is able to use programmes and progress records to give notices and to create reports for internal and external use.
* Able to lead, monitor and guide at functional level the preparation of full quantification and cost data preparation for multiple complex Projects accurately and swiftly.
* Devises and manages complex Project Cost Reporting systems, with associated capacity to interrogate data and identify trends.
* Able to conduct negotiations in relation to a range of issues on a project and secure acceptable commercial results.
* Able to negotiate / resolve settlement of disputes with all parties to the contract that achieves a win/win.
* Leads and contributes in establishing Project Delivery Teams, including recruiting where necessary.
* Able to comprehensively report the risk associated with design liability and draft step-down clauses into Sub-Contractor / Designer Agreements for administering and managing commercial and contractual aspects of the project under the direction of the Functional Lead and Commercial Manager
Desirable qualifications: BSc(Hons), MRICS
For more information please call Giles Churchill on Omega Resource Group on (Apply online only) or (Apply online only)
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy