|Job Ref:||TRI0006||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Trinidad and Tobago||City:||Trinidad and Tobago||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 04:02|
We engineer for lasting impact. |
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
This role will form part of the Location Management Team and provide Construction oversight and direction to Construction Managers and Management Team. The incumbent will be required to develop and lead the operations of the construction and completions capability within the location. Provide functional leadership and support for current and future project opportunities, and to the relevant Project teams, to ensure that all construction projects are achieved and delivered safely, on time and on budget, to WorleyParsons, and its clients. This role will also function as the Construction Manager on projects.
• Monitor and ensure work is completed in accordance with the company Health Safety and Environment
• Maintain functional responsibility for Construction capability, competency development and management of policies and procedures and adopt a hands on approach to ensure full compliance to these requirements by the Construction Department.
Ø Coach, mentor and guide construction personnel and provide leadership, support and direction to Construction Managers and Project Construction Managers
Ø Responsibility for recruitment and retention, Training and career development of construction and completions
• Lead Construction Management; to include all construction and completions activities within the location and drive the development of the EPC/Construction led mentality within the Location.
• Ensure development and implementation of a construction strategy and business plan.
• Driving WorleyParsons' Engineering Organization to develop Construction-led/driven engineers and Project Managers to be contributors to the EPC JV Organizations being developed.
• Facilitate and manage overall construction management strategies by;
Ø Participating in the early development of all projects
Ø Work in consultation with the respective Project Managers
Ø Lead and promote early input of construction and completions experience into design, schedule development, preliminary execution and contract planning and cost estimating.
• Responsible for evaluation of sub-contractor, vendor and supplier capability.
• Represent WP to Customers on Construction-related matters
Ø Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction for construction and completions activities.
• Support the development of BD-related construction offerings available;
Ø Identify opportunities from existing resources and project experiences, coupled with the needs of our customers.
Ø Assist in preparation of proposals and bids with regard to contract planning, construction plans, Health, Safety and Environment and Industrial Relations management.
• Provide construction and completions support by ensuring;
Ø Coordination, review and support to all project teams
Ø Direct engagement in the execution of all projects.
• Oversee the estimates and execution plans for construction management.
• Provide support, and input to, construction cost and planning controls in conjunction with the Project Controls group.
• Assist in the review, and ensure implementation and continuous improvement of construction management systems, tools and processes to include the review, audit and improvement of construction activities on specific projects across the region.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of construction and completions management work processes and ensure there is suitable capability in the use of these systems in the organization.
• Ensure that lessons learnt and innovations are captured and are reported and shared across all projects and regions.
• Keep up to date with construction and completion market trends/environment and provide assistance, support and advice as required to Locations Management and Projects.
• Monitor and ensure work is completed in accordance with the Project Execution and HSE Management Plans and ensure full compliance to these plans.
• Execute the construction portion of project plans through;
Ø Detailed planning and day-to-day direction of field activities.
Ø Preparation of resource forecasting
Ø Forecasting of costs and trends.
• Establish, authorize and implement construction schedules and strategy, including;
Ø Authorize construction planning, programming and completion schedules
Ø Ensure alignment to construction schedules, methods, adequate resourcing, material and equipment requirements
Ø Manage any scope, cost, time and schedule changes to a project
Ø Control project expectations for labour, equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within budget.
• In conjunction with the field planner, ensure the execution plan for each contract is logical, achievable
and adequately resourced.
• Provide supervision and direction to discipline employees, sub-contractors and field supervisors.
• Be aware of all project labour and industrial relations and co-ordinate with the Industrial Relations group to ensure adherence to, and keep up to date with, relevant policies and processes.
• Make recommendations regarding engagement of subcontractors and all assist in the reviews for major subcontract variations.
• Ensure effective communication with various stakeholders
• Ensure regular communication and liaison with the Construction Manager on field activities and ensure communication on existing or potential problems which may affect performance of the work.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the client and strive for customer satisfaction rating that meets or exceeds expectations
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and terms and conditions of Head Contract.
• Ensure cohesion of project teams by;
Ø Identifying and managing risk
Ø Encouraging commitment through formulating a clear vision and direction
Ø Leading a proactive work environment and maintaining focus on the project goals
What you will bring
• Highly knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools
• Excellent technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
• Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software
Experience and Qualifications Required :
• BS or MS in related field or applicable discipline; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
• Approximately 15-20 years' experience comprising Construction site project and strategic corporate exposure.
• Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in; senior construction management positions and construction project management.
• Ability to complete requirements of one's role and manage others work.
• A thorough understanding of industrial construction environment and demonstrable leadership experience and managing a team across multi-disciplinary and large scale projects.
• International experience is preferable
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. We also work flexibly at WorleyParsons and are open to a range of proposals about what arrangements would best suit our people's needs.
W orleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.