|Job Ref:||11282BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||New Zealand||City:||Hastings||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 04:05|
MWH now part of Stantec encourages innovating thinking, and we thrive on teamwork, open dialogue and commitment to our clients' success. We value honesty, hard work and responsibility. |
We are currently looking for someone to step into the exciting and challenging role of Civil Engineer: Infrastructure Contracts in our Hawkes Bay office. You will be part of a dynamic team working closely with our local clients to deliver projects whilst enjoying the awesome Hawkes Bay office culture.
Among other clients in the Hawke's Bay, MWH has a professional services alliance contract with the Hastings District Council, working closely with the Council in a collaborative "One-Team" approach to project delivery. MWH fosters entrepreneurial and innovating thinking, and we thrive on teamwork, open dialogue and commitment to our clients' success.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a proven track record of successful procurements of water services and transportation infrastructure. As a competitive candidate for this role you will have proven experience over 10 years or more in civil infrastructure procurement and construction management in particular NZS3910 contracts. A snap shot of key accountabilities include:
• Procurement planning factoring in risks, health and safety aspects, significant stakeholder, technical and client requirements
• Preparation of construction estimates, tender documents, evaluation of tender submissions and reporting
• Working with Contractors to provide successful construction outcomes through thorough risk management, construction planning, quality inspection and testing, health & safety management.
• Engineers Representative preparing contract documentation, records, issuing contract instructions, and certifying payments.
• Build and maintain lasting positive client and contractor relationships
• Make effective decisions and be prepared to have difficult conversations with external contractors, clients, stakeholders and MWH staff accordingly.
In this position, your own self-management skills will be as important as your technical, construction management and Project Management ones, you will need to be able to prioritize workloads while maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with your colleague's, ensuring you're always up to date with industry best practice and be ready to implement this.
You will also contribute to the overall Government and Infrastructure sector of the MWH business. Actively implement the MWH Global, Asia Pacific and New Zealand's strategy, achieve quality standards and act in accordance with MWH values.
If you're passionate about making a difference to the sustainable growth and development of MWH, we want to hear from you.
To obtain a full job description or discuss in more detail, contact Glen Tarrant in the strictest of confidence on (04) 381 6729 or mobile NA
Degree in Civil Engineering
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)