|Job Ref:||203954844||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Aldershot||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Plus full benefits package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:29|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
The Commercial team deals with everything to do with cost-effective building, including quantity surveying, estimating, procurement and material buying.
With a watching brief on choice of material, cost, customer satisfaction and sales, and other critical issues, our Commercial team - which comprises Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Material Buyers - has one objective: to deliver best quality homes, at the best possible cost. Their work is fundamental to our continued viability as a business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
Summary of the Role:
A qualified Quantity Surveyor, you'll need experience in house-building or construction, together with the relationship building skills needed to work effectively with internal and external contacts. Above and beyond these core skills, you'll have high standards - and the high energy levels needed to improve them even further. Find out how we can build a future together.
What will I be responsible for:
• Carry out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
• Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
• Contribute to the conceptual designs/options for the determination of site values.
• Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials, using Group Tender procedures where appropriate.
• Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
• Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
• Use a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
• Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures