|Job Ref:||204712013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tunbridge Wells||Address:||Post Code:||TN1||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:29|
FIELD ENGINEER L2C|
Flexible Working Location
CARILLION Telent JV
The Carillion Telent JV provides access network skills to BT Openreach. These skills are deployed across all areas of the access network and cover functions such as civils, cabling, jointing, poling and maintenance of BT's physical network and its associated assets. Our strategy is to excel in delivering our Openreach customer's requirements and use this model as a base for further growth in the Telecoms Industry.
* Optical Splicing Engineer tasked by Supervisor or Field Manager to Install, splice and test fibre bundles in line with contract requirements for Openreach Lead to Cash program.
* BT Accreditation is essential but full training could be given for the correct candidate.
* FTTP / PON experience is an advantage but not essential as some training and accreditations will be given.
* The successful candidate should be able to working as part of a team but working alone without the need for direct on site supervision plays a keep part of the role.
* Operation of optical fibre splicer and accurate results ensuring all are correctly documented.
* Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre blowing equipment to required standards of quality and time. This may include fault finding and rectification on existing network.
* Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with time and quality standards.
* Installation of sub-duct and micro-duct in existing underground trackway if needed.
* Maintain full compliance with all relevant EHS policies and procedures.
* Accurate and timely completion and submission of all required site administration and completion documents as required.
* Complete QC checks on own work and that completed by others on site and record results accurately using the correct documents.
* Accurate and timely submission of all payroll data and expense claims in accordance with published processes.
* Complete general risk assessment prior to commencement of each task on site and record in site diary.
* Maintain adequate and 'in date' personal protective equipment sufficient for all tasks undertaken and ensure that it is used as required at all times.
* Manage all personal issue tooling and test equipment in line with published processes to ensure that fit for purpose, calibrated and PAT tested tooling and test equipment is available as appropriate to complete all assigned tasks.
* Efficient management of all on-hire equipment ensuring items are returned promptly after use to minimise cost.
* Local primary point of reference for telent management and customer's representatives.
* Reporting to supervisor, Field Manager or Depot Manager on contract progress and completion.
* Knowledge, understanding and enforcement of all Openreach Policy, Processes and Procedures relating to installation activities.
* Care and maintenance of company vehicle and be fully compliant with all relevant driver policies.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
* Proven experience in an external fibre jointing and testing role. Preferably on the BT Network.
* Proven knowledge of health and safety and best working practices.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Accreditations must include: A8 Overhead Safety, A9 Underground Safety, Confined Spaces, E1 Dropwire & Overhead Techniques, J1 External Fibre Quality, J4 Optical Fibre Customer Premises, N8 FTTP Manifold construction, N9 FTTP (Tyco) Jointing and fibre Management, N15 32 FDP Prysmian, N16 Pole mounted FDP.
* Has current valid NRSWA Unit 2 operative accreditation.
* Actively tries to find out how the service to customers can be improved
* Owning problems and taking responsibility for solving them
* Challenging rules and processes that obstruct customer service
* Actively bringing information about customer requirements into the business
* Recognising when colleagues need help
* Constantly searching for fresh approaches and improvements to the business
* Continues to work towards goals despite setbacks
* Delivers work in a professional manner on, or ahead of time without compromise to H& S or environmental aspects
* Commits to the challenge of stretching targets
* Sharing best practices across the business
* Actively thinking about ways to change your job for the better
* Supporting and quickly implementing changes that have been agreed
* Taking initiatives and making creative suggestions to improve performance
* Behaving as a professional by considering all potential ways of working
* Punctual organised and efficient
* Looks beyond the immediate situation - has the foresight to identify the knock-on effects of a particular course of action
* Is aware of expenditure and seeks to minimise costs to the business and customer
* Identifies efficiencies in own role
* Understands the implications to the business if procedures/policies are not being followed
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion