|Job Ref:||204714006||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:10|
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Platforms - Java - Permanent - Glasgow |
Are you a Senior Engineer with extensive Java experience as well as exposure to Cloud platforms?
Do you want to be involved in providing technical solutions as well as being responsible for operating cloud platforms, implementing operational tools and processes necessary to improve reliability?
If the answer is YES then apply now as I have a fantastic opportunity to join a global Financial Services giant based in Glasgow.
This role will suit candidates who have excellent core Java experience and enjoy hands-on development of tools and automation.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Deployment, upgrade, configuration and maintenance of the cloud platforms.
* Development and operation of support tools for control, instrumentation and investigation.
* Development and execution of tests to measure and ensure levels of availability and performance.
* Diagnosis and remediation of service level issues and engagement with internal support and engineering teams and third party suppliers as required.
Essential technical skills:
* Extensive software development experience in Java/J2EE technologies with Tomcat application server.
* Strong exposure to Java frameworks including Spring and Hibernate.
* Extensive experience with Build tools including Maven and Jenkins.
* Strong understanding of operating systems, storage, networking, virtualisation, web, database and messaging services.
* Extensive UNIX/Linux Systems Administration experience.
* Experience with cloud technologies like Open Stack and Cloud Foundry a plus.
* Previous experience with other programming languages such as Python highly desirable.
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with one of the best salaries on the market, along with an excellent benefits package.
There is defined career progression on a global scale and an excellent training scheme.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age