|Job Ref:||204713472||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Salary:||£10400/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:10|
Initially to act as a 1st line support help desk technician, raising and allocating problem tickets for our clients on any IT related issue using our online systems. Answering Help Desk calls in an efficient and courteous manner helping, where possible, to resolve simple issues during the call. Escalating tickets internally to other team members, as appropriate. Handling the ticket queue, fixing issues where possible, otherwise escalating appropriately.|
As an Apprentice Technician, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Help Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via Email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues. Represent the company in technical forums and projects.
- Document and deploy technical processes and procedures.
- Company health scheme, pension and overtime if required
What experience do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Ability to use initiative, willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate with and support teammates, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your one-year programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve certifications with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. When you complete your programme, you'll have enough industry-recognised qualifications for a great career in IT. You'll be registered by the British Computer Society (BCS) to the Register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may have the opportunity for a permanent position