|Job Ref:||204712682||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:10|
Our client based in Reading is currently recruiting for a Service Desk Technician.|
Please note there is no parking at the office.
The purpose of the role of the Service Desk Technician is to act as a 'first-responder' - a first point of contact for all requests logged with the Service Desk. In responding to incidents, user requests and problems, a Service Desk Technician offers a professional, courteous, speedy and effective service.
* Ensure that incidents and problems logged on the call logging system are responded to quickly, professionally and courteously, ensuring that calls are correctly prioritised and categorised.
* Ensure that identified incidents and problems are descriptively logged and kept up to date on call logging system.
* Ensure that all incidents, requests and problems are escalated to the appropriate team if they are not able to be resolved within the agreed timescale.
* Strive to resolve a majority of tickets on first contact and to work with the Service Desk Manager to identify opportunities to further improve the number of tickets resolve on first contact.
* Ensuring the IT Team's documentation is kept up to date.
* Carry out manual handling, moving desktop equipment during desk and office moves as well as project set ups.
* Perform daily tasks as per the IT schedule including server backups, performance and capacity monitoring.
* Experience of working in a 1st line/2nd line role
* Excellent Communicator
* Good level of understanding of a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
* Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the major Microsoft packages namely Microsoft Windows and Office.
* Good level of understanding of TCP/IP.
* Good level of understanding of backup strategies and technologies, preferably Symantec Backup exec or Veeam VMware backup.
* Current IT qualification, preferably Microsoft, Cisco or VMware. Or be able to demonstrate the equivalent experience and knowledge.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent problem management skills.
* Excellent business communication skills, with the skills to communicate at all levels.
* Excellent time management.
* Capable of moving desktop equipment in an office environment.
* Experience of working in an ITIL aligned environment.
* Good level of understanding of a virtualised computing environment, preferably VMware.
* Expert level of understanding of a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
* Be able to demonstrate an expert understanding of the major Microsoft packages namely Microsoft Windows and Office.
* Expert level of understanding of the latest Microsoft Exchange technologies.
* Any of the following IT qualifications; CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
* Experience of supporting any of the following; Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Hitec Labs DatastoreDSX, Epicor E4SE/EBO.
* Experience of working with ISO27001:2013.
* Advanced understanding of LAN/WAN technology