|Job Ref:||204712642||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£40188 - £44208/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
To take ownership for tasks related to the development, implementation and maintenance of a diverse range of innovative traffic technology solutions aligned to business need, used by Highways England to fulfil its traffic management role. This position can be based in any HE offices across the country.
Reporting to the TPL Team Leader the role involves line management and covers the following work areas:
- Promote the work of the team through key stakeholders within Highways England and the supplier community
- Manage and maintain relationships with regional project sponsors, scheme designers and suppliers
- Monitor scheme forecasts and give pre-approval to the team Administration Manager
- Respond to technical questions, both contract and regional team questions
- Provide focal point for scheme project sponsors and designers
- Direct Line management
- Drive improvements in the reliability of roadside technology through rigorous quality assessment
- Ensure technology equipment is supplied to schemes in a timely manner
- Brigade forecasts to maximise value for money when letting contracts
- Work with other teams (Procurement, Contracts and Subject Matter Experts) to let successful contracts through the default mechanism
- Manage ongoing TMTF1 and TMT2 contracts
- Manage the intelligent purchasing process including allocating equipment
- Promote and deliver supplier liaison meetings and presentations
- Maintain relationships across the company to give TPL input to strategic projects
- Adhere to financial governance regimes and compliance with contractual delivery mechanisms and targets
- Manage resources, risk and contractual compliance effectively through project and service management techniques
Knowledge, Skills and Relevant Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of or experience of contract management in a roadside technology or similar technological environment
- ITILv3 and demonstrable experience of working in a service management environment
- Experience of letting and managing goods and/or services contracts in a commercial environment
- Experience of successfully managing a range of projects and the ability to work within a programme management discipline (Manging Successful Programmes (MSP) or equivalent) in whole life support services in a real time operational environment, or in a logistics or warehousing and distribution environment.
Highways England is the government owned company responsible for driving forward our motorways and major A roads. This includes; modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done.
Certainty of funding and greater flexibility will enable us to become a better business. In our first 5 years alone, we`ll invest £11 billion in motorways and A roads - boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. At the same time, we`ll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment