|Job Ref:||204712269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£650 - £700/day||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
Domain Architect |
Rate: £700 per day
* Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users.
* Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
* Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems.
* Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
* The Principal Domain Architect is a key role to ensure the Department makes the best use of existing technology, makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Departments technology architecture. The Principal Domain
The Principal Domain Architect must be industry aware and consider emerging technologies that would benefit the Departments business ask.
* Widely visible internally and externally talking about work and technical issues, people seek them out for help and advice - a role model for technical architecture.
Architecture Domains are:
* Application, Data, Information and Infrastructure, Infrastructure -Hosting, Method and Tools, Networks, Security and End User Computing (detail on each Domain is held in the recruitment pack).
* Breadth of IT experience with an in depth understanding of the following areas - application design & development, application tooling, methods, integration, infrastructure, data and security.
* Has a background from a very senior developer/ architect with a wide range of programming, design and architecture experience
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to see beyond the obvious, with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable subcomponents.
* Expert in designing, documenting and implementing end to end IT solutions having applied best practices using design patterns, integration patterns and other industry standards.
* Needs to be able to balance the business needs with the best technical approach to achieve the most optimal solution.
* Leads and collaborates with and provides guidance/input to Solution Architects to define technology roadmaps, and ensure consistency with the technology roadmaps.
* Manage the consistency of Solution Architectures and Designs that cross multiple business applications and Technology Domains.
* Possesses expert depth and breadth of knowledge regarding multiple technologies and their inter-relationships.
* Knowledge and creation of design patterns frameworks e.g. Microservice based architecture
* Working knowledge of such platforms as Linux, VME, AIX , Windows, UNIX
* Expert knowledge of relational database concepts, NoSQL / Big data concepts and Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MongoDB
* Proven experience in developing large scale IT Architecture and its application in a complex multi supplier environment against a background of organisational transformation
* Demonstrates proficiency across a broad range of technical domains to ensure that Architecture is grounded in reality
* Demonstrates ability to translate data and solutions in to business terms and communicate to stakeholder
If you are looking for a permanent position either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Public Sector opportunities please contact Katy Gregory on (url removed)
Referral Scheme - Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)