|Job Ref:||204712071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£250 - £350/day||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
SSRS and SSIS SQL Server DBA|
We have a 6 month contract opportunity for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join the existing database management team at our client's location in north Bristol.
The workload will be mixed and the SQL Server DBA will be required to undertake both development and support work. Development work would include projects such as undertaking a fully documented security audit of all SQL Server databases, including application, user and role permissions, and formulating a strategy for future management of user access and permissions.
Experience and Profile
The SQL Server DBA will have the following experience:
* Extensive demonstrable experience of administering SQL Server databases (2005, 2008, 2012, 2014) in a large complex IT environment
* In-depth knowledge of core SQL Server DBA skills including database creation and sizing, backup administration and monitoring, troubleshooting poor performance and optimizing SQL queries, database integrity checking, user administration, data encryption (TDE), mirroring and HA clustering.
* Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): design, development and deployment of Reports, and administration of Reporting Servers.
* Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS): design, development and deployment of SSIS packages.
* Hands on experience of scripting using Windows PowerShell
* Experience working on Business Intelligence systems, particularly the ETL processes required to develop and maintain a Data Warehouse.
* Knowledge of VM and SAN technologies
* Familiarity with the Ola Hallengren SQL Server Maintenance Solution
* Experience with SAP Business Objects; particularly using Data Services to design, develop and deploy ETL solutions.
* Experience of Ingres Database Administration including Backups, Database sizing, error investigation and performance troubleshooting.
* Hands on experience of shell scripting in a Unix or Linux environment.
* Experience of development in a .Net environment.
* ITIL certification or demonstrable experience of working in an ITIL environment
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately