|Job Ref:||204710628||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Puddle Dock||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:11|
This is the opportunity to join one of the leading providers of IT solutions to businesses in the UK, from device to datacentre, including IT technology and telecommunications managed services, including cloud computing, virtualisation, managed hosting, fixed line voice, mobile, systems, IP networks and complex billing software solutions.|
As a EUC Engineer, working within the Consultancy team, you will be expected to engage in all aspects of the delivery life-cycle, under the guidance of the Principal Consultant.
You will be required to assist Consultants/Architects, evaluating and creating designs for solutions. Once a solution has been agreed, you will be responsible for the technical implementation, as well as the creation of build documentation and test cycles. You will be required to quickly and accurately troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur during implementation process and to regularly feedback updates on progress to the Project Manager and the client.
There may be a requirement to work outside of business hours to accommodate customer requests or project deliverables, therefore we require engineers who are willing to be flexible in this respect. Remuneration is given on top of base salary for all out of hours work.
In terms of work location, the role will involve a mixture of work that is implemented in our datacentres (where you will be able to work in our offices or remotely) and on client site. Most of our on premise clients are within the M25 but our engineers must be willing to travel to clients outside of London.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Assist with the design of solutions and the implementation of best practices and standards.
• Implementation and configuration of new customer end user computing solutions built within virtualised environments.
• Translation of solution design documentation from the Consultants/Solution Architects.
• Create detailed design/build documentation.
• Ensure quality, thorough QA and testing.
• Help design and develop automated/scripted methods of solution delivery.
• Provide handover to Service Operations, meeting the relevant entry criteria.
• Troubleshoot any issues in the implementation process or in solutions prior to handover to Service Operation.
• Assist with out of hours work requirements.
• 3 years' experience of implementing and supporting infrastructure, end user computing and virtualisation solutions.
• Background in Professional Services or Managed Services.
• Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
• Microsoft Windows Server
• Active Directory
• Networking and security
• Server hardware.
• Citrix CCA or higher
• Microsoft MCSE\MCP.
• Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, AppSense - a broad understand of the entire end user computing and virtualisation technology stack