|Job Ref:||204710330||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brighton||Address:||Salary:||£26000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
Job Description - Infrastructure Engineer/3rd Line Technical Escalation|
Company and Role Overview
A leading IT solutions and service specialist providing IT support and infrastructure needs to medium and mid-tier businesses predominantly in and around the South East
In order to support the next phase of rapid growth we have a requirement for an Infrastructure/3rd Line Escalation Engineer who will provide the highest level of project delivery and support. The ideal candidate would come from a similar role and be able to deliver highly scalable and highly available environments to meet our customer demands.
• Infrastructure Design and implementation
• Deliver end to end of customer infrastructure solutions
• 3rd Line Technical Escalations
• Stage, deploy and test configurations
• Support application and system migrations of LOB and 3rd party products
• Create, review and maintain documentation
• Onsite implementation
Detailed knowledge and experience is required in the following products:
• VMWARE VSphere, specifically clustering and high availability
• Microsoft Exchange. Build, configure, maintain in highly available configurations.
• Office 365, Azure, and Sharepoint a bonus
• Windows Server operating systems. Design, deploy and maintenance
• Microsoft Active Directory and multi-site deployments and group policy
• Distributed File System
• Backup products. Veeam, Shadow protect and Backup Exec
• Experience with design, implementation, and migration projects
• Extensive Routing and Switching experience, specifically Cisco
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols including packet analysis and VLANs
• Ability to troubleshoot network and system connectivity issues
• Firewall implementation and configuration. Cisco and Palo Alto.
• Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP
• VPNs - IPSEC/PPTP/SSL
• Good understanding of RAID
• Understanding of desktop environment.
• Build, configure, maintain Storage Area Networks
• Working knowledge of server hardware. Configuration, Maintenance.
• SSL certification methods and installation
Experience and personal attributes
• Customer oriented temperament
• Ability to manage projects and drive them to completion
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Must be able to work independently or as a contributing member to the team
• Dynamic and able to work under pressure and to project deadlines
• Clean driving license
Knowledge/experience/certifications of some or all of the following is also an advantage:
• Sophos Astaro and Draytek Firewalls
• Netgear switching.
• Knowledge of Hyper-V
• Cisco certifications CCNA
• Microsoft Certifications, i.e. MCSE
• Labtech MSP application
• Some experience with methods of load balancing.
The Salary is £26,000 to £32,000 negotiable