|Job Ref:||204710257||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:11|
My client is one of the world's leading providers of IT solutions and services to retail banks and the retail industry. Drawing on a comprehensive portfolio of products and services, they are superbly placed to support and optimize their customers' business processes, especially at branch and store level.|
Their core expertise lies in the ability to optimize processes and workflow through the best-possible combination of hardware, software, and services. Accordingly, their portfolio ranges from the design, supply, and integration of solutions through to actual operation.
The National Supplier Manager will lead the overall engagement with suppliers and partners. They will be fully accountable for developing the relationships to ensure a sustainable strategy is in place to deliver growth, profitability and high levels of customer satisfaction across the business. Additionally, the National Supplier Manager will oversee the services delivered on behalf of our suppliers and partners to our client/s.
The scope of responsibility will extend to the management of the Supplier Management team who will be accountable for the financial management and operational performance of nominated suppliers and partners.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* To develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers, partners and any organisations in order to develop The Company position as a key service partner to our customers
* To actively and strategically lead the Supplier Management team to achieve all KPI's, targets and strategic objectives as defined within the role and with our customers.
* To ensure all commercial activity associated with our partners is managed and completed to the financial time table agreed with the commercial department
* To support the delivery of high levels of performance for all contractual service and commercial commitments agreed to with our customers supported through the supply chain to maintain commercial and operational success
* To develop and agree the annual budget for the nominated Supplier/s and accurately forecast cost vs revenue. To develop cost saving opportunities with each supplier
* To ensure the proactive management of our supply chain through appropriate schedule of meetings / reviews to the extent of implementing specific account plans to continually improve operational performance, quality and improve cost position. Plans would include timely review of any renewal/extension of existing contractual arrangements
* To promote active communication with all 'touch points' to the suppliers to ensure consistent and pro-active 'messaging' to internal stakeholders in such that this enables active customer engagement and effective leadership of the relationship with the client/s
* To ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction for services is delivered. To act as an 'escalation manager' for the suppliers/s for serious / major client relationship issues
* To actively seek out customer, market and competitor intelligence in order to position The Company consistently as the 'services supplier of choice'
* To lead the set-up of all new services for nominated customer/s, including service transition, commercial/contractual arrangements for all third-party engagement, etc
* To ensure the production of accurate and timely MI to demonstrate delivery performance to nominated customer/s and to ensure effective management of performance levels of all sub-contractors performance)
* To lead bench marking strategy to continually check costs against operating model within the industry
* To lead all change management activities within the supply chain engaging with the account teams to ensure any proposed changes are costed, approved and implemented in line with commitments to our clients