|Job Ref:||204716256||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£22000 - £27000/annum plus on-call allowance, pension, he||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:25|
OVERVIEW: Application Support Analyst / Consultant sought by ERP software company based in Almondsbury, Bristol. Salary £22K-£27K plus potential C£5K on call allowance when competent, plus pension, health etc. |
Fantastic rare opportunity for someone with good finance / accounting / accounts / ERP / business knowledge to get their very first role in IT / software application support Or for a proven Support Consultant! Join a rapidly growing company offering ongoing training and development and a structured career path.
LOCATION: Almondsbury, near Bristol. Full time office based position. Monday-Friday 9-5.30pm with 1 hour lunch.
My client is a market leader in designing, developing, implementing and supporting ERP software solutions for the global manufacturing industry. Their industry-proven software is a unified enterprise solution. You will join the business at an exciting time, as the company embarks on transitioning its highly successful software solution to the .NET framework as part of a multi-year strategy to maintain its competitive market advantage.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual who has a good background in either finance / accounting / accounts / accountancy / ERP / business knowledge who specifically has a passion to secure a role within the IT sector but hasn't had the opportunity until now. You would join a talented team supporting a range of blue-chip clients within the manufacturing industry. . The successful candidate will join the Company at an exciting time as the business is experiencing rapid growth. A comprehensive learning and development programme will be provided for the successful candidate, This will be a great opportunity for you to use your finance / accounting / ERP knowledge in a customer and IT / software application support capacity. For the right candidate there will of course be opportunities to progress within the company in the long term in a number of potentially different career paths
Day to day duties;
* Acquire a good understanding of the company's software products as part of a formal learning and development programme.
* Resolving and prioritising customers' support requests allocated via the support system in a timely and efficient manner.
* Working with customers to set up and integrate devices to the system and resolving issues associated with integration.
* Reaching out, where appropriate, to colleagues in software development to gain second line support guidance to assist in the resolution of customer support requests.
* Documenting solutions to service requests and customer issues and ensuring they are logged and tagged appropriately in the company's knowledge base
* Regular updating of the support system with status of outstanding tickets
* Acting as the first point of contact for customer support requests, resolving or allocating such support requests appropriately.
* Working with 3rd party vendors who provide additional hardware and software
* A modern cloud-based Support Desk system, which supports customer engagement and self-service.
* Access to an extensive knowledge base within the Support team.
- You MUST have good finance / accounting / accounts / ERP / business knowledge.
- Ideally degree or equivalent qualification in a finance / accounting related discipline.
- Naturally customer focused and a strong relationship builder with a pleasant disposition.
- Clearly passionate to secure a software application support role working for a technology or software company
- Credible, intelligent and a fast learner
- Highly computer literate with experience using typical MS and other software applications
- You may perhaps be a "super-user" of a software application at your current employer or be the "go-to" person for typical software application usability queries!
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
This position is based in Almondsbury near Bristol and offers;
- Funding of relevant professional qualifications
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- An excellent hard working but fun environment
- A highly competitive salary plus pension, health, medical and life assurance based on experience coupled with excellent training and development opportunities.
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent career opportunity.
Keywords: service desk, support, analyst , consultant, technical, engineer, help, ERP, Unix, Windows, Cloud, helpdesk, servicedesk, WMS, warehouse management systems, accountancy, finance, manufacturing, accountant, financial, product, business application software, accounts, first line, second line, 1st line, 2nd line, enterprise, assistant, executive, manager, accounts, administrator, coordinator, financial
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency