|Job Ref:||204715246||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldham||Address:||Post Code:||OL4||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
Our client is looking for a passionate, intelligent, self-motivated individual to join our internal Systems team as a Systems Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to step up into a more strategic role.
Responsibilities will include:
* Driving forward a number of business-critical infrastructure projects, such as server upgrades and cloud services.
* The maintenance of the company LAN / WAN infrastructure.
* Business-critical applications, including Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business.
* Monitoring and managing daily checks, business-critical systems and backups.
* Working with our existing clients to advise on infrastructure requirements to meet their business needs.
* Implementation of corporate DR strategy.
* Management of client and server hardware and software, including installations, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades.
* Monitoring of the help desk case list and ensuring that the team are responding effectively to our internal users and clients
* Ensuring compliance with software licensing
* Asset management
* Training other colleagues and clients through both formal and informal training programs
This is an opportunity to join an established team in a highly technical environment, working with the latest versions of Microsoft software, including Windows 10, Windows Server and MS Exchange.
A huge passion for IT, ability to learn, and a 'can do' attitude are critical attributes. However, the successful applicant should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the following:
* LAN/WAN infrastructure principles
* Virtualisation technologies
* Firewalls and network security principles
* Storage management
* Strong knowledge of Windows installation / configuration and Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Exchange administration
* Wireless technology
* Windows Server, Active Directory configuration.
* Demonstrable documentation skills
Knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
* Skype for Business
* Exchange Online / Office 365
* Microsoft SQL Server and/or database principles.
* Wireless & VoIP for end-user Telephony devices & PCs highly desirable.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
* Confident, outgoing person, who enjoys contributing to team discussions
* Tenacious personality, with a 'can do' attitude
* Driving license
Education and qualifications
* Previous 3 years' experience working as a Systems Engineer.
* Good A-levels or equivalent.
* Strong GCSEs, including English, Maths and IT.
This is a great opportunity for the right applicant to join a thriving business, with a vibrant company culture that has something for everyone.
Our 5 in 7 rota means that the successful candidate must be willing to occasionally work a short day on Saturdays and Sundays, though will be compensated with days off during the week to ensure only 5 days are worked during a 7 day week