|Job Ref:||204715153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:24|
Position: Data Scientist, Natural Language processing, NLP, Social media, Data mining|
Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Full Time
Our company client is an innovative trail-blazing business who are now in search of a bright data scientist to join their vibrant team based in Manchester. Having gone through the initial start-up phase the organisation has kicked on with their Phase 2 growth strategy which is having a truly global impact. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop further skills and seniority within a fast paced paced environment.
* The company works mostly with a broad range of companies and clients across the world to identify and leverage information from social media / social data.
* This role involves so much more than sentiment / brand analysis;
* This is a genuinely collegiate company where the highest levels of management have an open-door policy.
* There is a thriving social scene (through choice rather than enforced!), and range of incentives and rewards that underline an effervescent and lively corporate culture.
* The team is medium-sized, including accreditations like PhD's and Masters in relevant subjects, so there are good people to work with and learn from.
Job purpose and duties performed:
* The successful candidate could be involved in projects preventing fraud / revenue leakage, it could be improving the attraction and retention of customers, and then onto profiling risks and identifying / segmenting particular behaviours within a demographic - all in the same day!
* The job holder will be producing robust models immediately used in production with minimal modification - evidence of real-world, applied development experience would be a huge advantage.
* Compile resources and models, build, validate and test them before seeing them deployed. You will work closely with other data scientists, advanced analytics and insight professionals, big data engineers and non-technical colleagues.
Essential background and skills for this role:
* You will need to be a self-motivated, self-starter that can drive your own projects once a direction is set.
* Applied development experience would be a huge advantage.
* Ideally you will have a broad range of skills from the Tech Checklist, excellent NLP project experience (data / text mining), knowledge of crowdsourcing and solid data science experience with some appreciation of the data engineering environment it all sits in.
* This Phase 2 growth will offer the eventual incumbent exceptional career advancement opportunities as the company kicks on the next level including management, team leadership, etc.
Keywords: Data Scientist, Natural Language processing, NLP, Social media, Data mining, text mining, Python, Java, Scala, Dockers, Machine learning, modelling, NOSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, AWS, Containers, Elasticsearch, crowdsourcing.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and credentials for this role, then please send your CV by hitting APPLY NOW