|Job Ref:||204715136||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Alton||Address:||Post Code:||GU34||Salary:||£20000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:12|
A leading networking client of ours is seeking a 1st Line Technical Support Engineer to join them on a permanent basic based in Alton, Hampshire. This role would be suited to a junior or a graduate as they have a fantastic training academy available which will offer the right candidate the opportunities to gain industry recognised certifications and qualifications within networking. There is also a bonus structure available to encourage personal progression within the company. |
Duties here will include:
- Responding to telephone/email problems logged by their clients
- Work technical problems/cases related to certified security products to resolutions or escalate to 2nd Line Engineers where appropriate
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure clients receive the best customer service and resolution to their technical problems/cases
- Create client technical environments in their lab and recreate problems where appropriate
- Input and manage documentation in their CRM system in a clear and concise way
- Managing RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) replacements to achieve SLAs
- Work shift pattern to ensure 24x7 support cover (majority of shifts are standard offer hours 9-5)
For the role, the ideal the candidate will hold a degree (or equivalent) in an IT related subject or have some previous experience working in a support role, and of course have a passion for networking. Any further networking certifications (CCNA etc.) are favored but not mandatory. Along with strong technical skills, you must have a positive can do attitude towards your work. It is a fast pace environment so you will be expected to thrive within a busy environment in a lively workplace. It will also be required for you to become certified and maintain certification on the client?s security products through their in-house training.
It will primarily be office hours, however shift work is included within this role.
Offering a very good basic, along with enrollment into the technical academy and bonuses that are awarded throughout.
Please do get in touch with me today to discuss the above role in further detail along with your requirements and expectations for a new role