|Job Ref:||204714924||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:12|
We are working closely with a recent arrival to the local IT Security sector in Northern Ireland and now have this Senior Security Researcher position available. If you have previous security research experience in open source software and related security vulnerabilities this could be the perfect opportunity for you.|
Recognised for their expertise in open source software security they work closely with some of the most innovative companies using open source software and use their knowledge of code vulnerabilities to provide information, advice and remediation strategies to their client base. This advice follow up actions is related to the License, Security and Operational Risks associated with using open source code which in turn allows their customers to secure and streamline their use of this code.
Based in Belfast you will join a new team of Threat/Security Researchers focused on identifying and analysing disclosed vulnerabilities in open source projects. After the initial identification stage you will develop mitigation and remediation guidance for these vulnerabilities, while also working with engineers on future information needs.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
BSc/MSc in Computer Science
* Minimum 5 years Security Research experience
* Previous Open Source Development experience in C/C++, Java or .NET
* Scripting experience with Python, Ruby or Perl
* Experience with detection and protection technologies such as IDS, IPS, WAF
* Thorough understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle and KillChain model
* Awareness of existing threats and related mitigation/remediation strategies
* Knowledge of security requirements, threat modelling and attack analysis
* Previous experience in a lead/mentor role would be beneficial
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Depending on experience and interview performance this role offers a salary up to £55,000 with bonus and attractive benefits package. It is a great opportunity to be one of the first hires with a new company in Belfast who are already well established in the world of open source software security and compliance.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call the Ciaran Boyle on (Apply online only).Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client