|Job Ref:||204714841||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Titchfield||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£130 - £150/day||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:12|
A Junior Spatial Analyst is required on an initial 5 month contract basis to work on methodological projects relating to a large data transformation programme.|
These include, for example, designing samples; devising methods for dealing with non-response in surveys; estimating for small areas and developing methods for estimating from non-survey sources - such as big data and administrative data.
There are several requirements for this role in two locations;
* Newport (SE Wales)
* Fareham, Hampshire
Desirable Skills & Experience;
* Experience in manipulation and analysis of data and presenting research results
* Computer literate with experience in data science or GIS packages. For example SAS, R, Stata, Python or in any GIS such as ArcGIS or QGIS
* Knowledge and experience of spatial analysis techniques
Broader skills include demonstrated experience of carrying out complex analytical research work.
* A 2:1 degree in Geography, demography or a related discipline is essential
* A postgraduate qualification in the above would be desirable
To apply, please send an up to date CV to