|Job Ref:||204716198||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
Title: Operations Manager FTC |
We are currently seeking a driven Operations Manager to join us to coordinate engineering operations and ensure successful results. We are a market leading electronics company who have recently won the most influential projects within Engineering. With a brand name known globally, we are proud of our success within industry and we are hunting for the best talent within to join us to continue or reign as the market leader.
The Operations Manager will ensure the successful management of project portfolio including; contractual, financial, technical, scheduling and quality projects issues. You will take initiative to reach the expected results by managing and organizing all the resources assigned
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
* The Operations Manager will maximise gross margin levels on projects by reducing risks and issuing claims
* Ensure customer satisfaction and positive customer relations
* Participate / Lead contractual negotiation regarding the most relevant projects
* Monitor Projects' objectives, main milestones and strategy, manage/support major changes and adapt the objectives & strategy accordingly
* The Operations Manager will define, cascade and monitor engineering's objectives
* Monitor Service's objectives and strategy in order to ensure that interventions are in line with budget & requirement
* The Operations Manager will report Ability to write high quality reports and correspondence
* The Operations Manager be a proactive partner in the Unit's market and customers' approach by coordinating with the Commercial function
* Support finance with relevant information and KPI regarding Operations activities.
* Be proactive part of the Unit Management Committee by providing relevant advice and input regarding, on-going projects, successes, issues.
* Be a proactive part of the Unit Management Committee by proactively coordinating with heads of functions to ensure alignment and acknowledgment of main issues.
* Lead continuous improvements in Project Management and the delivery processes.
Desirable Experience of the Operations Manager:
* The Operations Manager should have extensive experience in Projects / Contract management
* Previous financial budget control, process and time management
* Knowledge of commercial contractual conditions, ideally in electrical power system industry
* The Operations Manager will have ls required to work strict timescales
* Knowledge of Health & Safety, site working, risk assessments and method statements
* The Operations Manager must have the ability to interpret customer documentation including tender/contracts, drawings, procedures and policy
* Ability to write high quality reports and correspondence
* The Operations Manager should have the ability to speak effectively before customers or groups of employees
* Intermediate IT skills (email, database, word processing, spreadsheets, project reporting)
* Knowledge of SAP (project module), MS Project, MS Access or MS Excel
* Knowledge of Automation strategy and particularly the Systems and Support activities
* A good grounding in the company's working practices and protection & control products is advantageous
This is a newly created role within our business where we require a candidate to be challenged by some of the largest projects within industry. If this position is of interest, please apply for more information.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position