|Job Ref:||204715869||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Chichester||Address:||Post Code:||PO19||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:35|
Due to increased business this successful engineering company are seeking someone to work assist the Production Manager in the smooth running of the factory workshop to ensure customer requirements are met. This role will require the person to work on the shop floor and therefore understand specific tasks (CNC Operator) and also to work in an office support role ensuring customer orders are met in a timely and cost effective manner.|
The activities set out below describe the duties the post holder will be required to carry out, although the list is not exhaustive and should not be taken as a formal job description.
• Undertake with the Production Manager's assistance the complete scheduling of the CNC shop with logical reasons to product selection.
• Working with the Production Manager to progress chase orders through the workshop; liaise with Sales, Quality and the Production Manager to raise any issues and if required forecast revised delivery dates.
• Control of the ordering and on time delivery of in-house and sub-contracted metallic parts to support on time manufacture.
• Supporting the Production Manager with Health & Safety in the factory.
• Input training data and highlight any employee training required.
• Daily checks and amendments where required to employees clocking and production pickups.
• Inputting employee holiday/sick/time off requirements once authorised by the Production Manager.
• Any other duties as may be appropriate.
• Previous experience of CNC machining/scheduling.
• Good understanding of MRP systems with excellent IT Skills (Word and Excel).
• Proven organisational skills and a good understanding of working to processes and procedures ideally in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment.
• Customer focussed with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
• Ability to work with suppliers to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining a professional manner.
• Excellent IT skills, particularly databases.
This role is advertised by USP Recruitment Services Ltd who operate as an Employment Agency. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reply to each one personally but thank you for your interest in this role. Should you not hear from us within five working days it is likely on this occasion your application has not been successful