|Job Ref:||204715825||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£32500/annum Car||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:15|
I am currently looking for a bilingual (German Speaking) service engineer to work on a permanent basis based in Cheltenham with occasional international travel.
The Job Duties Include
* On-site and in-house repair of equipment covering several product lines.
* On-site and in-house, classroom and hands on training for customers.
* Special applications setup and testing in the field.
* Customer interaction and remote triage, troubleshooting and diagnostics on a daily basis.
* Travel, extensive at times, is an integral part of this position.
* Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and familiarity with troubleshooting equipment is necessary.
* The job requires both written and verbal communication with customers, on-site as well as over the phone (technical support).
Must be able to:
* Must be able to develop empathy with the customer and gain sales intelligence such as: 1) Is the customer considering purchasing new equipment? 2) Has competition made inroads into the account?
* Must be able to see and act on opportunities to sell maintenance contracts, product upgrades, and parts, product trade-ins etc.
* Must be able to read and understand schematic wiring diagrams, water flow diagrams and-lay out drawings, and be able to check mechanical work to blueprint (CAD drawings).
* Ability to troubleshoot to the component level.
* Good organizational skills required. Paperwork must be complete, prompt, and accurate.
* Good communications skills required.
* Direct customer contact is a primary responsibility of this position.
* Applicant must be willing to travel. Travel may be international at times; a passport is desirable, although not initially required.
* Previous experience in induction heating desirable, but not required.
* Must be physically capable of strenuous work and working in extreme conditions.
* Supports repair of customer equipment in house when not traveling.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy