|Job Ref:||204715727||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ilkeston||Address:||Post Code:||DE7||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
Mechanical Assembly and Manufacturing Engineer|
Are you a hands engineer with strong mechanical skills and wants to work in a role that involves hands on engineering but also looks at how products and parts can be engineered/made better.?
If so this may be the role for you!
We want an engineer who can improve processes, have a strong problem solving practical mind who can drive change in the business. You must be able to demonstrate strong practical mechanical skills, but also have the mind set to develop and improve processes.
You will be working for a manufacturing business that consists of 40-50 employees at there UK operation, but part of a larger group.
* The role will offer variation, to which you will be part of a business and not just a number.
* At first you will have to learn the product and be fully competent in how the bespoke parts are assembled.
* Once you have full knowledge of the process and parts manufactured/machined you will then be looked at to bring new ideas and introduce these ideas to machine shop and assembly teams.
* You will be part of the manufacturing engineering team who will develop and drive change on the shop floor.
* Develop SOP's
* Communicate to all levels of the business and drive change
* Challenge methods on the shop floor
* Improve process, efficiencies and streamline manufacturing
* A strong hands on engineer
* Mechanically minded
* Good computer skills - writing SOP's
* Strong literacy and communication skills
* Appreciation of machining and mechanical fitting/assembly
* Strong measuring skills - used to working with Vernier's, callipers etc.
* Must be able to read engineering drawings
* A strong appreciation for engineering and practical engineering
Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-4:30pm and Fri: 7:30am-1:30pm
Background required: Must have a strong mechanical background - knowledge of machined parts, pumps, hydraulics etc.
In return for your experience as Mechanical Assembly and Manufacturing Engineer we can offer you:
33 days holidays + Xmas Shutdown
On Site Parking
Long Service Awards
If you are interested in the Mechanical Assembly and Manufacturing Engineer role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on (Apply online only)
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)