|Job Ref:||204715676||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:15|
Senior Audio Visual Technician|
Job Type ? Permanent (3 month probation period)
Job Location ? Central London / South East London
Salary ? negotiable based on skill-set and experience
Required experience ? at least 3 years operating as an AV technician / AV project manager.
We are a leading Audio Visual Rental supplier to Events & Production Companies, Event Planners and a host of exclusive venues throughout the Capital.
Due to another year of steady growth we are now looking for an experienced Senior Audio Visual technician/ Project Manager to join our team.
You'll find our team are friendly and hardworking group where everyone is valued and most importantly where we all enjoy what we do!
The successful candidate will have the support and space to build a secure career within our growing Company.
• Have ability to give technical design solutions.
• Will need to provide specifications and costings for clients events as well as assist the sales team with technical support.
• Represent the Company on site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers.
• Daily liaison between company departments, sales, operations teams and warehouse regarding crewing and AV equipment requirements.
• Liaise with clients on finer details such as equipment placement, control areaa, lighting angles etc.
• To prepare, set-up and operate a wide range of Audio Visual, sound, staging, video and lighting equipment during specific events.
• To provide on-site technical support where required.
• Delivering and collect equipment from various venue sites and suppliers.
• Responsible for project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
• Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner.
• To be able to advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
• Responsible for maintaining quality control i.e. Monitoring condition of equipment, reporting any faults etc.
• Providing all required post event reports and analysis.
• Assisting with the preparation of Health and Safety documentation.
• Responsible for AV/Event technicians and contract staff on events.
• Assist with any training of technical staff on the use and operation of new technology.
As this is a senior position within our technical team we are looking for someone with solid AV project management skills and a strong and stable background within the industry.
The successful candidate will be someone who is:
• Presentable, polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
• Understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours.
• Is fluent in speaking and writing in English.
• Has a full and clean UK drivers licence with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
• Is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry
• Is PC literate with an excellent understanding of Powerpoint and who has experience with both Mac and Windows operation systems.
• Has a good understanding of sound reinforcement equipment including Digital and Analogue mixing consoles, wireless microphones, conference PA set-ups, speaker systems, audio processors and recording.
• Has experience in corporate staging, sets and flats, stage backdrops, up-lighting and stage lighting.
• Has a thorough understanding of projectors, switchers and scalers plus AV distribution via SDI and CAT5. Knowledge of various display screens and monitors / video walls is essential.
• Is familiar with stage lighting, dimmers, lighting controllers and desks, DMX and all types of LED lighting.
• Has some basic experience in camera operation for conference style events. Knowledge of video editing would be useful.
This is a permanent position which we are looking to fill as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary package based on experience.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience are self-motivated and have a passion for the events industry then please get in touch