|Job Ref:||204715476||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Addlestone||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£20000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
R & D Laboratory Technician (Chemistry Graduate) - Salary circa £20,000|
Predominantly laboratory based, the role is varied and involves the provision of laboratory support and technical support to the R & D team. The activity will include hands on running of laboratory test programs and experimental work. The ideal candidate will play an important role in assisting the development of experiments by providing excellent feedback in written and verbal form.
- Provision of Laboratory Support to the business, this will be wide ranging and involve areas such as hands on participation in laboratory test programs and experimental work with the Research and Development team.
- Participation in round robin test studies in accordance with local and international protocols.
- Assembly and commissioning of new prototype instruments under supervision from electronics and mechanical engineers. Carrying out test programs, bench-marking against ASTM, IP and CEN test method requirements and providing detailed written reports on compliance as well as fit/function.
- Handling and managing development samples
- Preferably a chemistry graduate with experience in laboratory practices.
- Ideally practical knowledge of physical and analytical test methodology.
- Practical and good attention to detail, able to make up accurate concentration solutions and use analytical balances following standard industry practice
- Able to demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, with the ability to accurately document experiments, results and form conclusions
- Reliable team player with first class communication and literacy skills. Able to write up reports and provide meaningful insights.
- Familiarity with COSHH, Risk Assessments and SDS`s
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THIS LOCATION.
Please note your CV will be reviewed against the vacancy criteria and we will contact you within one week if we wish to progress your application any further.
Copperfield Recruitment Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer