|Job Ref:||204715454||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:15|
We are looking for a Phd graduate in a scientific subject who has strong mathematical and modelling skills and who would like the challenge of working to support commercial and academic customers to improve their physical modelling and simulation tasks using our client's software.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
* Providing technical advice to the sales team at both pre- and post-sales stages
* Providing support and explanation to customers by email, by phone and in person
* Conducting training courses
* Supporting the customer by addressing their modelling requirements and providing guidance, advice, and modelling assistance in a wide variety of application areas
* Creating and delivering product demonstrations at public workshops, customer meetings and professional conferences
* Developing benchmark models to demonstrate features and capabilities of the software to meet the modelling requirements of customers
We would like to speak to graduates with a strong background in physics and mathematics. You will also be able to answer yes to both sets of questions below.
Do you have some experience with computational analysis or multiphysics simulation?
Do you have an aptitude for problem-solving?
Do you have an ability to discern the physics underlying complex modelling projects?
Do you have experience with acoustics modelling?
Do you have a willingness to extend your existing knowledge and skills into other scientific disciplines?
Have you made presentations in either an academic or other environment?
Can you write with a concise and clear style?
Do you feel that you will be effective working with clients both face to face and on the phone?
Do you think you will be able to communicate well with people from different industries and research organisations?
Do you have an interest in commercial issues?
Are you able and willing to travel