|Job Ref:||204715414||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
Overview of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, based in Fareham|
To maintain and improve equipment efficiency within a complex multi-disciplined and automated environment.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
* Carryout fault finding activities and undertake timely repair of equipment in the following areas; Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
* Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities.
* Programming, fault diagnosis, servicing and repair of Motoman and ABB robots, rotary positioners and mig and spot welding equipment.
* Prepare technical reports to analyse breakdown causes and make recommendations on countermeasures.
* Support equipment commissioning and installation projects.
* Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
* Have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship within a similar environment.
* Educated to at least ONC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably on a multi skilled basis.
* Have multi-skilled maintenance experience with automated facilities with specific experience in PLC fault finding and/or programming.
* Have experience in welding technology and if possible the maintenance of welding equipment.
* Able to produce technical reports.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
* Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
* Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
* Must be able to establish clear objectives and be result focused.
* To have good working knowledge of maintenance systems.
* To understand TPM and PPM processes.
* Flexible, team orientated and self-motivated approach to work.
Hours/Shifts of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician
* Based at the Fareham site, working 39 hours basic, Monday - Friday on a 3 shift system, overtime and weekend working when required