|Job Ref:||204715337||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worsley||Address:||Post Code:||M28||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
We are currently recruiting on behalf on an international manufacturing business based in Worsley who are looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Manager on a Permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working within a purchasing management within the manufacturing/ distribution sector with a solid working knowledge of SAP. Due to a recent implementation of SAP into the business, the successful candidate will be involved in streamlining current processes and implementation of new processes moving forward. You will need to ensure that all purchase orders are placed to ensure materials arrive in a timely manner to meet demand.|
• Directly manage a team of Tactical buyers
• Manage and improve the Purchase Orders issuing process and follow up with approval compliance process, Open PO reports communication to suppliers in support of materials expediting and inventory control.
• Define the and constantly improve the process of Managing MRP exception to avoid obsolete material and guarantee the correct material delivery and inventory control
• Ensure Material Availability with correct timing to support Site production
• Ensure Inventory stock levels availability; support Operation initiatives on the same activity driven by Regional Planning Organization in view of end to end supply chain optimization.
• Manage, in agreement with the relevant Sourcing Project Leader, replenishment strategy definition and review
• Monitor and report Supplier OTD
• Collaborate with site associates and engage with vendors to coordinate production and shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Contribute to new products introduction for new components and depletion process for obsolete materials
• Ensure Vendor and Material Master data update for process approval in control of Principal
• Be point of escalation for the Operations for supplier performance issues like Deliveries and Quality
Skills & Attributes
*Previous demonstrable experience working within a Purchasing/ Supply Chain Management role within the Manufacturing/ Distribution sector
*Ideally candidates will be degree qualified in a technical, engineering or business discipline is preferred; Master's degree a plus. CIPS qualifications will also be considered.
*Strong people management skills
*Solid working knowledge of SAP ( Ideally with experience working on implementation and process improvement
* Excellent communication skills